Saturday, June 18, 2011

Altered Journals

Yesterday I worked on altering note pads, today I worked on journals. I'm thinking these will make good thank you gifts, so it's nice to have several on hand.
I started by covering all of the journals with some SU designer paper I have been hoarding. Yes I tend to hoard a lot of supplies ;)

I started the first journal by coloring one of my new Tilda stamps with copic markers and then got out my nesties to cut out the image and sentiment (SU - Hope Happens). To finish I added some ribbon, flowers and stickles.

The second journal I kept rather simple. I used my nesties to cut out the sentiment (ODB - Let Us Begin) then added some flowers to each corner and adhered it to the journal. I finished by adding some ribbon on the side and stickles for a little sparkle.

The last journal I started by coloring the little girls (SU - The Nicest Friends) with my copic markers. I cut out the image and sentiment (also from SU - The Nicest Friends) and matted them using my nesties. I added some ribbon along the side, then debated as to how to finish. Several hours later I decided to stamp some flowers with my GinaK "Bring the Bling" stamp set. After stamping I added some paper flowers and stickles for sparkle.
That's it for today's projects, wonder what I will work on tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects- I love the sweet image of the two little girls and love your great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both adorable Cindy. Love the Magnolia one especially.

    ReplyDelete